Monday, April 25, 2011

C4T Summary Post 4

C4T 4: Click to view blog

The blog I was assigned to was Jenny's Learning Journey. Jenny is a primary school teacher in New Zealand. Her post was about an iPad 2 and my thoughts on it is included in my comment to her: "I am from Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. The video made me laugh, as well. I like that they showed what all Apple has done over the years, when it used to just be an iPod. I would be lost without my iPhone, but I have never had the urge for an iPad. Although I do think they are very cool, just have to agree with Kayla with it being pricey! Between my iPhone and MacBook, I have everything I need on those so I guess that is why I have never thought about getting an iPad. Thank you for allowing us to view and comment on your blog!
There was no reply back so I left the second comment on her blog post, Why Teachers Should Never Give Up On Any Student. It was a short video on a boy who got asked why he kept throwing starfish back into the water. He said if he didn't they would die, the man replied saying there is too many starfish out there and he can't make a difference. The boy picked up another starfish and threw it back into the water and looked at the man and told him he made a difference for that one. This video is so so true, I absolutely love it! I think teachers overuse the phrase, "I want to make a difference" and some don't really understand what they are saying so I hate to use that phrase even though it is true. I know that I won't make a difference in every student I teach, but if I know there is just one student who I impacted that's enough for me. Like this video, kids have a lot to offer and teach. We can learn more than we imagine from our students and they might make a difference in our lives, as well. People stray away from thinking about the student as an individual by thinking of making a difference for the class, which is wrong. I'm a huge believer in encouragement and hope. I already know my students will succeed because I'll never give up on them and always have hope, encouraging them to always do the best they can. I added the video below for everyone to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment