Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blog Post 11

Ms. Cassidy's First Grade Class
The first video is shown of Ms. Cassidy and her adorable first grade students using technology. I was so shocked that first graders being that young know how to blog and leave comments. I think it is great but I never knew they started that young. They were so cute talking about their grandparents and siblings who leave them comments. They knew exactly what they were doing and were able to tell about it and probably could teach someone. I was very impressed. They also use Wiki and told all about learning traditions on there. She said in the skype interview it all started when she got five computers for her classroom, which is enough to start a center.
Hopefully I will be lucky enough to have computers/laptops in my classroom for students to use as a center. Depending on the grade I teach, I would love to incorporate some sort of blogging into my classroom, even if it is just visiting a blog and making an assignment out of a post, the students will still be introduced to it. I have always wanted to teach first grade and even though this is about first graders blogging, I think personally it is a little too young to start them on their own blog. I wouldn't feel comfortable if my child that young had their own blog, just as I don't agree with having a facebook at a young age. Ms.Cassidy seems to know what she is doing and has the right intentions though and I support her in that.
computer

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mary-Katelin,

    I think you show a good point of how the students love for their relatives to leave comments. Since they are so young, they will have the sense that they are able to do this kind of work and these thoughts will encourage them to do good work!

    Good post,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed to see how much these first graders could do with technology.I was fascinated as were you how Mrs. Cassidy how little she started with and what she has progressed to.I do believe that it is necessary for kids to start young with technology .

    ReplyDelete