Tuesday, March 1, 2011

C4T Summary Post 2

Ibiyinka Alao
C4T2 - Click here: Pondering Paige
For my second teacher comment, I was assigned to Dr. Baggett.
The first comment I left her was on her post about Ibiyinka Alao, Nigeria's Ambassador of Art. He came to the University of South Alabama to show and talk about his paintings on African life. I love art and I especially loved his because it had so much meaning and life. She posted many pictures of his visit and artwork. The picture I posted on this blog post is my favorite painting of his, that I mention below. I left a comment saying, "Hi Dr. Baggett, I'm in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. I loved reading and looking at the pictures you posted. It looks like you all had a great time meeting and talking to him about his paintings. My favorite is the acrylic, Grace: That Even the World can Pass through It. It is so colorful and full of life. I also enjoyed the captions below the pictures; they say so much about Ibiyinka and his passion." Dr. Baggett's response: "I'm so glad you visited my blog post on Ibiyinka's visit. He is fabulous in so many ways: educational, inspirational, and an advocate for the POWER of the arts! I hope to get a video of his presentation posted soon so everyone can benefit from his words of wisdom."

Ricky Trione
The second comment I left was also on her post, "Leading by Example and a Pointer Finger: Enriching our Lives through the Arts and Technology (high and low)". It is about Ricky Trione and how he uses his disability of being blind to send inspirational and educational messages through creating his artwork. By using both technology and his fingers, he shows the kids at Booth Elementary School more than just different ways to paint. Other than showing the obvious ways technology can be used educationally through art and how to use your fingers to paint pictures; it gives a lesson on how people make things too complicated sometimes, when really all you need is what's in front of you. He shows by not having much, you can still go far, as long as you believe in what you're doing. I am amazed at Mr. Ricky and his ability to achieve his goals no matter what life has given him. He is showing desire, belief, and attitude in reaching every goal, no matter how unachievable they may sound. My response was, "Hi again, Dr. Baggett! So many things I love about this post! First, how awesome that "Mr. Ricky" doesn't allow his disability to get in the way with his talent and passion. This alone shows a great example to kids by teaching them to not be discouraged or give up in any situation. I find it very cool that he does incorporate technology with his art, giving kids another example of how it can be used educationally. The thing I like best is he also keeps it simple by just using paint and his fingers to create artwork. I needed to be reminded as well, of the simple message to choose your battles. I enjoyed reading your post; it gives you a lot to think about!"

No comments:

Post a Comment