Monday, March 7, 2011

Blog Post 7

Randy Pausch
Randy Pausch's Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

This video kept my attention the whole time, I think because his personality and the pictures he showed. I thought it was awesome and at the same time sad because I knew he didn't make it much longer after this. I thought it was awesome because he's such a great speaker and left such an impact on people just through this one speech he gave.
I wonder how many people have thought about their childhood dreams after watching this and actually tried to accomplish them or think if they have yet. I always said I wanted to be a cheerleader when I grew up and a teacher. Looks like I can check those off! I always wished I would have made a list when I was little and kept adding to it of goals I wanted to achieve. I wish someone had made me, like a teacher. I have always said because of that reason, I want my students to make a list the beginning of the year of goals in life and for the school year and then at the end of the year, go back and revise it and keep it updated over the years. I think that's a great way to keep kids motivated and it gives them something to look back on, like I wish I had now.
He said something like if he didn't get his dream, then it was because he got something more. What a great way to view things! Also, "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want". I love all these quotes he said, they really make you think in a positive way. I also like, "The brick walls are there for a reason". It reminds me of my favorite, everything happens for a reason. If things don't go as you planned, there's a reason for that. I think that's what he was trying to say to. He's such an inspirational speaker! I really liked listening to him.

2 comments:

  1. You had a great post! I totally agree with what you said about Dr. Pausch. You mentioned how his personality really came out in his lecture. I couldn't agree more! I am motivated by his public speaking skills! He rarely looked at his notes and he was so comfortable up there! I also love your idea about having your students write down their goals in the beginning of the year! This is such a great way for children to not only realize that they can reach their goals, but also keep them motivated to work toward them! I loved your post and your blog page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, he is an inspiration! Way to be so ahead on your blog! I admire your progress and timeliness!

    ReplyDelete