Friday, February 25, 2011

C4K Summary Post 1

KidsWorld

C4K 1: View Blog
I was assigned to Dairon, a boy in Ms. Naugle's 5th period Math class. His blog was about measurements and the three types they learned in class: capacity, weight, and length. He gave examples of what you measure with these three types. He also added a picture of a tape measure. I commented on his blog saying,"Hi Dairon! My name is Mary-Katelin. I'm from Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I'm majoring in Elementary Education. That's great how much you know about measurements, they come in handy everyday! I like your picture you added on here. I also think it's wonderful you get to have a blog for school! Keep up the good work!"

C4K 2: View Blog
For my second comment, I listened to a podcast while watching a video that two boys, Kade and Matthew, created. They are from New Zealand and attend Pt England School. The blog is called Korero Pt England: KPE Episode 334: "The Witches". The story was based on a theme of a little boy who runs into some real life witches. I thought the boys did an awesome job. It showed so much personality and enthusiasm.
My comment to them: "How cute, boys! My name is Mary-Katelin, I am a student in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I think it is great how you are already learning how to make podcast and videos. This will come in handy for your future! Great job, guys! I enjoyed watching and listening to you both!" I also left them the link to my blog.

C4K 3: View Blog
Last, I commented on a short story written by Silas at Pt England School in New Zealand. He wrote two paragraphs on a boy called, Super Kid, which is also the title of his blog. In his story, the boy woke up with super powers and used them to rescue people from evil villains. The story ended with Super Kid killing the villain, 'Doctor Evil'. He added a picture of a cartoon guy standing in flames who I'm assuming is Super Kid. I left him a comment telling who I was. I told him he had a great imagination and I enjoyed reading his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment