Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Post 5

World

Eagle's Nest
I think it's awesome that these little kids are already using podcast and all the things we are learning now. I also think it's great we can leave them comments on their post. I know if I was their age and college students were commenting on my post telling me how great I was doing, it would make my day! These kids doing these videos and podcast have so much enthusiasm. You can really tell they like using technology, especially knowing everyone around the world can listen or watch! I guess any kid would though, it beats sitting in a desk all day!

Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom
This video tells you different ways you can use podcasting in the classroom. Podcasting allows for creativity and focuses on Bloom's taxonomy. It also tells us how it can be used for the teacher, student, and parents, either in the classroom or outside class. Meaning, if a student is absent, they can always listen to the podcast of lectures from that day to see what they missed. Using podcast in classrooms can be very educational and meaningful and it keeps the students involved.

The Education Podcast Network
ESP is a network that allows teachers to post podcast of teaching ideas and topics for other teachers around the world. It gives ideas for podcast topics you can use in the classroom for student activities. I was once told, "You're not a good teacher unless you steal and give." Meaning, take other teachers ideas and give out your own. We're all doing this for the kids, so why be selfish with our ideas? The more I'm in schools and getting into the education program, the more it seems I hear this phrase!

4 comments:

  1. I believe in what you are saying about those kids because they are awesome in the podcast. I would really like to do this in class but you can not do podcasts in PE class or athletics. The student being absent is a great reason to bring this on board in the schools. I also brought up the point on how the student could listen to the podcast over and over again to understand the information more and possibly get better grades. I like the idea of stealing but I would call it borrowing from them, to make you a better teacher we have to use other peoples teaching ideas and blend it with ours. Just like coaching football you are using someone else's plays just in your own terminologies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twitter is a perfect tool to "steal and give." I had never heard that term before but it perfectly describes Twitter.

    So are you going to be a podcasting teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good thought too, for the students to keep listening to the podcast if they don't understand something. I agree stealing is a harsh word, although you really are taking their ideas but at the same time giving yours, so it works hand in hand. And yes it does describe Twitter, I haven't thought about that. I think podcasting is a great benefit to the students in every way, so hopefully I will be able to use it in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Awhina and I am from Point England school. thank you for commenting on my blog and In am here to share the love. I really like your story about how you admire kids doing podcasts. I think podcasting is a great tecnology for the kids to use

    KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

    Awhina

    ReplyDelete